Sky Blue Credit Repair Review
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Fast disputes, 15 inquiries per 35 days
- Clients can make a direct appeal to a creditor
- Customer-oriented customer support
- User-friendly mobile app
BBB Rating: C
Setup fee: $79
Monthly fee: $79
Hiring a professional credit repair service is the key to getting your credit score back in good standing. You need someone who can help you find the root of all the damage and fix it immediately, exactly as offered by Sky Blue Credit repair.
This credit repair service will help you improve your credit score. It used to take years to reverse the damages leading to a bad credit score, but a professional credit repair service like this can significantly cut down the time it takes to fix your score. This service will help you to regain the trust of financial institutions.
If you need a loan or credit card but don’t have a good enough score to get approved, you may want to try out Sky Blue to help you get authorized in the future. However, before you actually use their services, please read our Sky Blue Credit repair review carefully. When dealing with something as important as your credit score and financial history, you need to make sure you are using a trustworthy and effective service. Therefore, let us walk you through their core services and some pros and cons.
What is Sky Blue Credit Repair?
Let’s explain the idea behind Sky Blue Credit repair first. Not everyone has an impeccable credit score. According to FICO Experian 2020 Consumer Credit Review, only 69% of Americans have a “good” credit score of at least 670. This means that 31% of the US population has a FICO score under 670. All of these people will likely struggle to get loans from financial institutions because of their relatively low scores. Financial institutions, like banks, generally consider these people too risky since they could easily turn to non-performing loans (NPL). The lower the number of NPLs, the healthier the bank is.
If you are like the 31% of Americans with a credit score under 670, you are probably under a lot of stress. You may need some extra money to help support your lifestyle, but banks won’t help you simply because you have a bad credit score. Your score defines you, and for this reason, Sky Blue Credit repair services exist.
The idea behind Sky Blue is to help people with bad credit scores increase their “trustworthiness” in the eyes of financial institutions. However, improving your credit score is not easy. You need to identify items that can be disputed and process some documents. If you do this all by yourself, the whole process may take months and be very hard if you have no experience.
But with the help of this credit repair company, you can get this done with ease — and much more quickly. They provide professional services tailored to improve your credit score, including professional analysis, custom disputes, SOL research, score assistance, credit rebuilding, debt validation, goodwill letters, and cease and desist. The company claims to be one of the best credit repair companies of 2021.
Pros and Cons of Sky Blue
No company is perfect. Like the other firms, Sky Blue has its own set of pros and cons.
Here are several things we like about Sky Blue:
- Customer-oriented service. Sky Blue offers excellent clients’ service features compared to other companies in this industry. Not only are they good at providing timely solutions to their clients, but they even offer free consultations to help those who might not even need the service. Many Sky Blue Credit repair customer reviews on the web say that Sky Blue customer service provided them with some steps they could take to improve their score for free. It is a great way to build trust in the company.
- 90-day guarantee, with no conditions. Personal trust is the core of every credit repair business. You should not choose a company without a firm assurance that it will be able to improve your score and that you won’t be wasting your money. Sky Blue is exceptional in this regard, offering a 90-day money-back guarantee without any conditions. Within these 90 days, if their attempts to improve the client’s score fails, he/she may receive a full refund, including the monthly Sky Blue Credit repair prices and initial setup fee.
- Dispute identification. Another great thing we love about Sky Blue is you will never have to identify the disputes by yourself. Once you get your credit report from the government, the company’s representative will name potential items to dispute for you. You won’t need to spend hours figuring it out on your own.
- Efficient work. Sky Blue works with Transunion, Experian, and Equifax to file your disputes. You don’t need to be involved at all. They send all your arguments to the appropriate bureau and even work on the desist and cease letters for you. Sky Blue still includes your personal contact information for each dispute. This way, whenever the bureau sends a response, you will personally receive it along with the company, so you can remain informed of what is happening. You won’t need to wait and hope that the agent forwards the responses to you.
If you are considering Sky Blue for your credit repair, here are some potential negatives:
- Basic interface. With all the positive reviews it gets, we first expected this company to have a more appealing website. However, as we checked out the company site, nothing is surprising or unique about it. It is just a basic website with regular visuals and text. If the first impression does matter for you, you might think this company is not worth your time. This was one of the main Sky Blue credit repair complaints we got.
- You can do it yourself. You may not know this secret, but the truth is you can improve your credit score on your own. In fact, you can save money that way. All you have to do is get your annual credit report and start working on the debt validation letters.
How Does Sky Blue Work?
Sky Blue works by identifying all possible aspects that might be contributing to your low credit score, fixing any issues they identify, and hopefully, getting your credit score up. Once you get your credit report, the company representative will check every single line and identify all possible items that can be disputed. Then they will send the dispute to the relevant credit bureau, notifying them that those items are not supposed to appear on your report. If the bureau approves your objection, they will improve your credit score accordingly.
Sky Blue Credit Repair Prices
Now that you have an idea of how their service works and how you can benefit from them, the question is, how much will you have to pay for it?
In 2021, Sky Blue offers a 6-day trial program. If you sign up today, here are the prices you have to pay:
- $0 on the first day of signup;
- $79 on the sixth day after signup for credit review and account setup fee. The $79 fee applies to the first month, starting from your registration date;
- If you sign up with your spouse, you only have to pay $118.50 per month combined. Sky Blue offers 50% off for a second member who signs up at the same time as you.
Best Alternatives to Sky Blue
Sky Blue is not the only credit repair company. There are many others that offer similar services, such as Lexington Law, Credit Repair, and Credit Saint. There are also DIY credit repair options.
Lexington Law offers a more intuitive and user-friendly credit repair service for its clients. The company has 16 years of experience. They offer three different service levels to match your needs: Concord Standard, Concord Premier, and Premier Plus.
Creditrepair.com is a web-based credit repair service. After reviewing your credit report, it uses AI to provide a recommended solution to improve your score. The best thing about this company is you can get the service 100% free.
Credit Saint offers free credit report consultation to its clients. Like Sky Blue, the company offers a 90-day money-back guarantee as a way to ensure its service quality. Upon signing up, clients can choose a membership plan from three available packages: Clean Slate, Credit Remodel, and Credit Polish.
DIY credit repair
Besides using a credit repair company, you can also improve your score by yourself. Start applying for your credit score. Once you receive it, mark any item that you believe should not appear on your report. You can then dispute each item with the appropriate credit reporting bureau.
|Sky Blue||Lexington Law||Credit Repair||Credit Saint||DIY Credit Repair|
|Services offered||Credit repair, SOL research, debt validation, goodwill letters||Credit repair, FICO tracker, financial planning, ID protection||Credit report, review, improvement plan||Credit repair, score analysis, financial monitoring||Credit repair, financial monitoring|
|Customer service touchpoints||Phone, mail, web, app||Phone, web, app, email||Phone, email, app||Phone, mail, app, social media||–|
|Upfront fee||$0||$0||$0||$99 -$195||$0|
|Monthly fee||$79||$89.95 – $129.95||$99.95||$79.99 –||$0|